LuLu Pop

Zélie has been saying this phrase over and over and it goes a little something like this: “LuLu! Pop!” or “LuLu Spop!”  She hears Lucy’s voice and off Zélie goes babbling this phrase.  We had a week of fun with that until one Saturday, the kids are home, the breakfast served, the kids full of energy and Lucy takes it too far.  “Lucy! Stop!” I say (yes, I say “no” to my children.  I’m one of those).  As  soon as I finish the ‘p’ in “stop”, Zélie was on again with her phrase of the week.  Then, it dawned on me.  Zélie is saying Lucy’s name, “Lucy Stop.”   And I feel like a horrible mother.  And she keeps saying, “Lucy Spop!  Lucy Spop!  Lucy Stop!”  And I feel like an even horribler mother.  Then we all giggle and drink lemonade.

9 thoughts on “LuLu Pop

1. Lynn March 1, 2012 / 8:00 pm

I wouldn’t worry. It sounds like Zélie thinks it’s part of the fun.

• Jean Curtis March 4, 2012 / 5:10 pm

“Fun” shoulda been her middle name!

2. ceciliag March 1, 2012 / 9:24 pm

Ha ha ha that is so funny.. SNAP! c

• Jean Curtis March 4, 2012 / 5:11 pm

girl! don’tchoo know it!

3. Glad March 2, 2012 / 6:00 am

I love those moments of brilliance.

• Jean Curtis March 4, 2012 / 5:11 pm

She is a brilliance of another color.

4. Susan Lea March 4, 2012 / 2:49 am

We’ve had some occasions when one of our little ones repeated something they’d heard us say that we had no idea 1) that they had heard, 2) that they had understood, or 3) that they could repeat! Not always as cute as your Zélie! When our third child (who was later in verbalizing than the others) was about 5, she looked at me one day and said, “Why did so-and-so say such-and-such when this-and-that happened?” The thing that freaked me out was that it all happened before she turned 2! She had kept a video-clear image of the event in her mind until she had enough verbal skills to repeat it back to me and ask me about it!

It will be interesting to hear her language develop as she mixes French in!

• Jean Curtis March 4, 2012 / 5:13 pm

Totally. I hate it when I hear myself in the words of my chitlans. I’m always like, “ug. that’s me in you. my bad!”

5. jennifer March 5, 2012 / 8:17 am

Ohhhh my gosh I DIE from the cuteness!!!!! You make me want to jump on a plane to go meet her in person. 🙂