Break-ah My Stride

At times, when things are slow, somewhere between after the cows have been mooved to the kids being fed and in bed, we get time to blog or read or listen to the radio or play “youtube song wars.”

and right now, I’m in the lead.  With this beauty:

the brown leather belt holding up black leather pants, the mustache, the step-touch … I so win.  Though Brent is ruthless.  He is relentless.  He has more lame musical knowledge.  So lame, it’s cool.  This will end with me losing, but at least I made him sweat a little.  You must watch.  It’ll perk up your day and you may consider wearing green, sparkling leotards.

11 thoughts on “Break-ah My Stride

1. delunatic May 15, 2012 / 5:44 pm

i’ll order green, sparkling leotards for my adult beginning jazz class pronto! 😉

• Jean Curtis May 15, 2012 / 5:45 pm

… and you would look very cute, my dear! Green suits you.

2. Susan Lea May 15, 2012 / 10:28 pm

That was fun! But I will do something for the earth: I will NOT appear in sparkling green leotards!

• Jean Curtis May 16, 2012 / 3:10 pm

ah, a little sparkle ain’t hurt no one!

3. Mark Griffith May 16, 2012 / 7:01 am

So what are the rules for Youtube song wars?

• Jean Curtis May 16, 2012 / 3:09 pm

oh you boys and your rules. you know, I don’t know. I think it’s a feeling. You need lame, but catchy. Video a plus. So bad it’s good. Brent totally knocked me out with this one:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_Hco2sYJk . If you’re humming it the next day, you’ve won.

• Mark Griffith May 17, 2012 / 5:13 am

Boys have to know the rules so we can know when we win! I was disappointed in Brent’s choice. The guy never even played his french horn! And the song wasn’t very catchy and the dancers – el-lamo. I loved Break-ah My Stride though, still signing it and I got to look up the history of the one hit wonder Wheeler.

4. bc May 16, 2012 / 9:11 pm

That Wizzard video has both an amazing song and a mind-altering performance. So good Abba copied it for Waterloo.

• Mark Griffith May 17, 2012 / 5:14 am

That wizard dude was “far out” but lameo! And the angel, the gorilla and the pie? Nope!

• bc May 17, 2012 / 5:55 am

Where’s the spirit of 1973 in the Griffith household? The funkiest year ever!

Although this may start the search for more videos with people posing with instruments without actually playing them.

And now I’ve jukeboxed myself with my reply on http://grasspunk.com/2012/05/16/wormvana/