Okay, So Maybe I Was A Little Grumpy

When I was young, I never needed anyone.  Well, I never needed anyone singing at me.  Happy faces singing at me when I got up in the morning just makes me more grumpy.  When I wake up in the morning … used to anyway … I would wake up grumpy.  I don’t know why, but so it happened.  My sisters would sing this song from “their day.”  A song that was chipper, boppy and had my name.  A perfect blend of taunt cocktail mixed and delivered as I walked down the hallway.  I have four sisters, you see, so the chipperness and boppiness was of arena performance quality.

Brent must have remembered this little tidbit of my life.  That’s why he youtube-ed me with this beauty.  While I cringe with flashbacks, I also bounce a bit.  I must admit, there is a bop to it.  Now my daughter, who likes to taunt, hears it and calls out, “MOM!  It’s your song!”  Oh and I love her for this.  So for you, I give you a classic Monkees hit with a little insight of this song on my life.

6 thoughts on “Okay, So Maybe I Was A Little Grumpy

1. grasspunk March 15, 2013 / 1:54 pm

You used past tense in the title?

• Jean Curtis March 15, 2013 / 5:13 pm

hey! detlef.

2. Mike W March 15, 2013 / 11:16 pm

When I was young, I never needed anyone.

• Jean Curtis March 17, 2013 / 7:09 am

Nice, but he missed his opportunity to show off that high note.

3. grasspunk March 17, 2013 / 6:47 am

Well there’s a gift that brings entertainment all the way to the last note. The money shot has to be when the drums come in heavy after his silence near the end.

4. Heartwalk Counseling March 19, 2013 / 5:49 am

oh yes, the Monkees. cute little shuffle there and the bell bottoms – those required a nice little butt !! my compassion goes out to you with those four singing about “the sleepy seeds in your eyes” blessings, miss you guys lots !!!!!!!

Jane Sawyer iheartwalk@aol.com