Sneekers

Say it in French now, ” Sneekehrs.”

I’ve always thought that a Snickers bar with a multi-vitamin strap-on == a PowerBar.  Less expensive but more justification.  The Power bar – sold in gyms, health stores and outdoorsy places – allows you to pay more for the Snickers-multi-vit-strap equivalent.  PowerBar equals fit, health and strength.  Snickers version … challenged by marketing.  As sweets go, Snickers has always been okay for me.

Until Brent, for whatever reason, went and bought a 48X48g box of Snickers.  Cool! – you say.  But think of the children.  How am I to manage 48 Snicker bars ( plus one lost to delivery … thanks, Gary for saving them from the ants! ).  47 divided by 5, as I need to keep loose in my jeans, has a remainder.  This, I will defer to my family to work out.

In other news, we opened a bottle of wine!  A blast from the past.  Some Provençal Gigondas.  Those were some days.  Very nice, but I must admit, I do loves me some local gas-pump red in a box.  It’s easy listening wine.  Bottled Gigondas is an event that requires serious food.  Our serious food has been sold.  Thank you!!

and for you, some easy listening to pair with your gas-pump boxed Saint Mont and some lesser grass-fed cuts.  I feel feather-bangs coming on.

I was looking for the song – sorry “piece” – that goes like — do-do doooooooo [beat] do-do do-be dooooo … come on you know the one.  what was it?!

( Brent is forced to listen to all my youtuble.  I publicly apologize for this piece.  I can hardly stand it ( thankfully I’m sitting ) myself. )

6 thoughts on “Sneekers

1. grasspunk May 25, 2014 / 8:06 am

They look good there, sitting next to Panzer Battles and Band of Brothers.

• Jean Curtis May 25, 2014 / 12:56 pm

Then the last boom of the evening battle resolved as the moon chased the sun away. The smoke settled and the enemy welcomed the ease of some well deserved yet alert shut-eye. Fortunately, there was a Snickers bar at close range. Rich, milk chocolate surrounding caramel, nuts and nougat. A simple collection of flavours that comfort the palate and surprise the taste buds. Significant. Nourishing. Available in a box of 48 or individually. Price: £22.10.

… had to J Peterman that.

2. grasspunk May 25, 2014 / 2:37 pm

Nice set of photos on that Dave Grusin vid. They should put some music with that.

• Jean Curtis May 25, 2014 / 4:39 pm

heh

3. grasspunk May 25, 2014 / 7:48 pm

How about the best song on Nostalgie today?

• Jean Curtis May 25, 2014 / 8:17 pm

I bow to her ‘rrrr’s’ I’m still working on ronronner.