Chicken Fried Steak, a dish so American, you’d think it came from Germany.
With a milky gravy.
Here’s something to do with those steaks you have no idea what to do with. With the “Gite a la noix” cut, which translated by google is “Cottage has nuts” … now my new favorite nickname for the Gite / Noix cut … you can do one of two things:
1) warm, fry and rest. The flavor is there, but a bit chewy. Perhaps with a nice sauce.
2) Pound the crap out of it – a la Chicken Fried Steak.
At a glance:
– pound flour into beef with salt and pepper
– start some rice
– chop onion
– fry beef in hot duck fat
– while beef rests, gently cook onions
– add flour for gravy
– add milk, make magic gravy
– grab wine and serve
Behold the Cottage Nuts cut:
View original post 157 more words