Check Out This Book

IMG_1981

He says.  Well, okay.  I’m always up for a culinary challenge.  Let me randomly pick a recipe.

IMG_1982

Okay, one can of Le Spam.  This could take some time.  … thankfully.  Perhaps a duck confit substitution?  or another random recipe selection.

12 thoughts on “Check Out This Book

1. grasspunk March 11, 2015 / 9:00 pm

I’m waiting for my banana custard. I forgot all these dishes! I ate spam fritters at school back in the old days. Not saying they were good,..

• Jean Curtis March 11, 2015 / 11:58 pm

I’m shocked with the Spam. I wasn’t aware how far Spam traveled. I assumed it was an American mystery meat.

• Jean Curtis March 12, 2015 / 12:06 am

… and I’ll let your daughter handle the banana custard.

• Jean Curtis March 12, 2015 / 12:06 am

you know, I think there are some gems in this book. I’ll get back. 🙂

2. martina March 11, 2015 / 10:21 pm

That was a dish we were taught to make in 7th grade Home Ec. Fried spam and eggs. I had never had Spam before and can still remember the combination of the smell of the gas stoves, fried fat and the egg. It took a few more years for me to try Spam again.

• Jean Curtis March 12, 2015 / 12:07 am

Spambled Eggs!!! I’ve never tried it!

3. Cecilia Mary Gunther March 11, 2015 / 11:34 pm

I am still trying to get past the Spotted Dick.. in fact I have been trying to get past this as a culinary offer for about thirty years…. Nope, not past it.. Have to point and Laugh and laugh and laugh out Loud! c

• Jean Curtis March 12, 2015 / 12:08 am

I’m still laughing and cannot say “Spotted Dick” without giggling. …. hee hee.

4. becomingcliche March 12, 2015 / 12:04 am

I like the thought of Spam with ice-cold sparkling mineral water.

• Jean Curtis March 12, 2015 / 12:12 am

It’s a good thought. I can envision such a dish at a two-syllable restaurant in Seattle. Served with a side of golden beets sizzled in butter and baby garlic.