It’s A Beautiful Day-Hog

IMG_7645.JPG

I really, embarrassingly enjoyed the movie Groundhog Day.  I’ve seen it enough times to feel like I’m stuck in that Punxsutawney Pause.  If you’ve not seen this movie, take note that every morning, the main character wakes up to the same song “Babe” by Sonny and Cher.  Followed by a morning wake-up crew announcing, ” IT’S GROUNDHOG DAY!!”  Spoken like my five-year-old before dawn.  Two days into school year 2016, my husband has set an alarm.  Which is really cool because I’ve been the alarm setter of the past.  One at 6am to gently wake my slumber.  iPhone snooze too short, I set a 6:30 am- girl, you better get your ass outta bed alarm.  Both alarms standard factory default yamp-yamps.  Though, the last two days have been welcomed with song.  From the better half.  It’s a beautiful day.  We used to set our radio alarm clock ( I know, old school ) to the tunes of something, but each morning the tunes were something different.  Not this year.  Two days, same song.   Beautiful Day, the U2 song, performed by World Idol winner, Kurt Nilsen.  Groundhog day.  I had no idea that this would be great.  Electronically scheduled daily affirmation.  Just the one song.  It’s a beautiful day.  Well, okay then.  Better get to it.

9 thoughts on “It’s A Beautiful Day-Hog

• Jean Curtis January 9, 2016 / 9:04 pm

funny, you left your phone downstairs the other day, no song. I was left with a feeling of emptiness. It was a beautiful day, but Kurt didn’t say so.

• grasspunk January 10, 2016 / 4:49 am

Well it is about to go off in 11 minutes. I’ll bring it in for you.

1. Cecilia Mary Gunther January 9, 2016 / 10:48 pm

I look forward to seeing how long that lasts before you throw the damn radio across the room. c

• Jean Curtis January 10, 2016 / 3:40 pm

ha!

2. casa mariposa January 10, 2016 / 3:33 pm

My hubs set my alarm to ‘Intergalactic’ by the Beastie Boys the other day. I woke up laughing! Dang, that kid sounds like Bono!!

• Jean Curtis January 10, 2016 / 3:39 pm

OOOo good one!

yes, that kid is great. The funniest comment on his performance was “… if we were looking for Middle Earth Idol, you’d win it hands down.”

3. Heartwalk Counseling January 11, 2016 / 7:09 pm

That Brent…he’s a good one…& it is a beautiful day…even if we’re freezin’ our arses off !

Sent from my iPad